Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nine embies thriving!


Just got a call from Heather, the embryologist, and she gave me some very encouraging news! All nine embryos now have four cells and look "beautiful". She and Dr. Couchman feel confident that we will make it to a 5-day transfer. Heather will check them again tomorrow morning, so that if the next 24 hours is not as productive as the first, we can proceed with a 3-day transfer. I'm very hopeful, and plan to spend my weekend relaxing, as the effects of ovarian hyperstimulation seem to be kicking in... my belly is sore and distended. I'm drinking Gatorade like it's no ones' business, as this is evidently the best way to ward off OHSS. It all seems a small price to pay, honestly... and I am allowing myself to enjoy this hopeful stage of the process.

(P.S.- the photo is of a healthy, 4-celled embryo like ours!)

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

You seem to be in such good spirits and hopeful, I feel the same for you! I'm anxiously following your journey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home