Monday, October 23, 2006

1st trimester = invasion of the body snatchers!

I realize that it has been over a week since my last post. I am happy to say that I have recovered from the 80's debacle, but honestly, I had forgotten how exhausting the first trimester of pregnancy can be! I feel as though I am running on maybe 20% of my usual energy, and even the simplest activities are exhausting. I have found that I am able to function if I get 10 hours of sleep at night, and take two naps a day, one at lunch and one after work. Needless to say, that leaves little time for anything else, but I know that this phase will pass and before I know it I will feel more like myself again. So for those of you whose calls or emails I have not returned, please don't take it personally! I spend the vast majority of my time outside of work asleep. In addition to the fatigue, I started experiencing morning-noon-and-night sickness about ten days ago... not bad enough to cause vomiting, but it ain't much fun. Cream of Wheat is my new best friend, and it seems to be the one food I can tolerate without fail.

I will be 7 weeks on Thursday, and on Friday, I will go in for an ultrasound. As of my last scan, on Wednesday, there were two embryos- one that looks very healthy and one that may or may not make it. I should have a better sense of what to expect after Friday. Honestly, I will be thrilled with either one or two healthy babies, and trust that what is meant to be will be. It's hard not to feel anxious about the risk of miscarriage during the first trimester, but I do know that every day brings me a little closer, and am grateful to have made it this far.

So, I will post an update on Friday for sure, and hopefully will have a picture or two by then. In the meantime, I am busy with the McKinney Halloween party plans and trying to keep up with my sleep schedule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home